Aviva Life Insurance has launched today first of its kind Aviva Heart Care which is joint coverage policy for couples for heart diseases.
The unique feature of this policy is that it covers your spouse and you in the same policy at a nominal extra premium. The policy provides coverage against 19 mild, moderate and severe cardiovascular conditions, and procedures & allows lump sum payout irrespective of cost of treatment.
This policy is available in 4 different plans:
- ME Comprehensive coverage for self
- ME+ Comprehensive coverage for self with twice the coverage for severe category conditions
- WE Comprehensive coverage for self and spouse
- WE+ Comprehensive coverage for self and spouse with twice the coverage for severe category conditions
Key Benefits of Aviva Heart Care plan is :
· Comprehensive coverage against 19 cardiovascular conditions
· Benefit paid over & above mediclaim
· Multiple claims allowed basis severity
· Coverage for self & spouse with double the coverage for severe category conditions
· Option to double the coverage for major conditions on exhaustion of initial sum assured
· Couple policy WE comes at an incremental cost basis age, term & sum assured for spouse
The minimum entry age for buying the product is 28 years and maximum entry age is 65 years. The policy term is fixed between 10-25 years, subject to the maximum maturity age of 75 years. The policy has a maximum sum assured of Rs 50 Lakhs/life.
Indians are prone to heart ailments due to multiple factors including genetics, unhealthy diet, sedentary lifestyle, stress etc. making it the Cardio Vascular Disease capital of the world. Customer research indicated that people are not adequately covered under a mediclaim policy and also that 78% of hospitalization expenses are out of pocket.