Install Java Based Application/Software/Game On Samsung Mobile Phone
If you are a samsung user (and most probably you are, that’s why you are here!) you must be knowing that samsung mobile phones don’t allow installation of games, applications, etc. The only way to install is OTA i.e Over The Air installation which requires user to have access to the internet. This is annoying for users of samsung manufactured handsets and probably thats the reson why tech savvy people prefer Nokia.
Anyways, now that you have a samsung mobile and want to install java based applications, games, etc then follow the below mentioned simple guide to install games and stuff without OTA. Before explaining you the procedure, i recommend you to make a backup of all the important data of your mobile phone (which is otherwise important too!).
- Open notepad.exe (no need to explain it. Right?)
- In that paste the following given code (Download Code HERE) :
- In place of XXXX write the name of java based application or game. For eg. If you want to install Opera Mini 5 and name of .JAR file is operamini5.jar then in place of XXXX you should type operamini5.jar and the final code will look like: The important point to be kept in mind is to make sure that the name of the application, games, etc should be same with what you write in place of XXXX. Any discrepance will not install the desired application, game, etc.
- Save the text file with .html extension (For eg. ”techvorm.html”).
- Now copy both the files (.html and .jar file) to the same folder on your phone via Cable.
- From your phone open .html file and as soon as you do so the file will be installed in your phone.
Note: This trick has been tried on Samsung Corby and i believe it SHOULD work on all the other samsung phones. And do leave a comment in case you install (or are unable to install) an application or game using this method.