At the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas last month, Huawei had announced Ascend P1 S smartphone.This phone is currently considered the slimmest Android phone in the world with a width of 6.68 mm. This phone is expected to be available for Indian buyers by July, 2012. Globally, this phone will be available in June,2012.
Huawei Ascend P1 S will run on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and will be equipped with:
- 4.3″ inch Super Amoled screen with qHD (960 x 540 pixel) resolution
- 1 GB RAM and 4 GB ROM that will be good enough to run Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich smoothly
- 8 megapixel rear camera with the ability to record full 1080p HD video
- Front facing 1.3 megapixel camera which would be capable of recording 720p HD videos.
- 1800 mAh battery pack to make it run for long
It will be available in three colours – metallic black, ceramic white, and cherry-blossom pink.
On the connectivity front, the smartphone has 3G, Bluetooth 3.0, WiFi and micro USB support. HDMI support is missing but you can always connect a WiFi enabled TV. In terms of design and build quality, the Ascend P1 S leaves nothing much to complain about. It looks very sexy with a slim profile, but the build quality could be improved further.
This smartphone is expected to be priced around Rs. 20,000.